Blogging vs Vlogging? What is the difference?
BloggingBlogging is like an online log, where an author can share his thoughts, experience or whatever he wants to share with his readers about any specific topic.
Advantages of Blogging1. Easy to set up It’s very easy to set up a blog. You don’t need extended technical knowledge to create a blog. There are several platforms like WordPress,blogger, Thumblr… making our life simpler for creating equipme
2. Does not require massive equipment To create a blog, you need not to have a lot of equipment. All you need to have is A computer and a good internet connection.
Get huge traffic to your site, by using SEO and proper promotion of your content on social networking sites, blog directories … and earn decent amount of money by using Adsence ads, affiliated marketing…
Disadvantages of Blogging1. Need to know about SEOSEO is all about ranking a site in search engines. To generate traffic toyour blog, you should have good knowledge about SEO. LearnOn pageSEOandOff page SEOand implement them.Use proper title for your blog posts.Use High frequency and low competition Keywords in your articles.Use images in your blog posts and try to have at least one image for every blog post.
2. Update your blog regularlyAnother thing you must notice here is, you need to update your blog on regular basis. Convert your visitors toregular blog readers by providing them quality stuff that they are searching for via your articles.
VloggingVlogging stands for video bloggingin which one can share his thoughts or whatever he wants to share with others by creating videos.
Advantages of Vlogging1. Doesn’t require professional writing skillsUnlike blog, you don’t need professional writing skills to create a vlog. If you can create quality videos, you will get huge visits with minimal SEO effort and earn money from your videos.
2. You can get more user engagementGenerally people used to watch videos rather than seeing of written stuff. So by creating good vlogs you can get more traffic and more user engagement.
Disadvantages of Vlogging1. Need expensive equipmentTo create a vlog, you need to spend some amount of money for equipment. You need to have acamerato shoot high-quality video and a professionalvideo editor softwarelike adobe after effects.
2. Difficult to edit after submissionWe can easily edit blog post after publishing but when it comes to vlogging editing is not an easy job. If you find any mistake in your uploaded video, you need to delete it and edit the original one and again upload the video in your channel. Sometimes editing is difficult, so you may have to re-record the video.
3. It takes time to vlogIt takes time to record a video, edit the video and upload the video. You require 2-4 hours for a video. So you must spend some amount of time to create vlog and to become a good vlogger.
Blogging or vlogging?It’s up to youIts depends on your opinion whether to choose blogging or vlogging? If you havegood writing skillsthen go for creating a blog and share your knowledge through your blog articles.If you have goodspeaking skillsthen go for Vlogging.
You can also create a vlog in parallel to blog. Just create a blog and embed video into your articles so that you can get more traffic, more user engagement, and more earnings$$$.