Thirty basic interview questions you should know..
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Why have you chosen the trade in Engineering or any other field?
3. Why do you think being in Non-IT trade you can do better in IT trade?
4. Why do you think being this _____ trade you can do better in this ______ industry?
5. What are your strengths?
6. What are your weaknesses?
7. Why should I hire you?
8. Why should I hire you from the outside when I could promote someone from within?
9. What sort of a boss you want to work with?
10. Can you work under pressure?
11. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
12. If you won Rs. 10 cr lottries, then what will you do?
13. Describe your ideal company,location and job.
14. Why do you want to work at our company?
15. Would you lie for the company?
16. What plans do you have for higher study?
17. How do you feel about working nights and weekends?
18. How long will you stay with us?
19. How will you like to be remembered?
20. How long would it take you to make a meaningful contribution to our firm?
21. Are you willing to relocate or travel?
22. Why did you choose this career and when did you decide to go for this career?
23. "The Opinion Question" - What do you think about ... Abortion..The President..The death Penalty..(or any controversial subject)?
24. What good books Have you read lately?
25. Who has inspired you in your life in why?
26. What was the toughest decision you ever had to make?
27. You don't have the experience to do the job, then will you do it?
28. What do you see is the proper role/mission of ... ...a good (job title you're seeking); ...a good manager; ...an executive in serving the community; ...a leading company in our industry; etc?
29. What would you say to your boss if he's crazy about an idea, but you think it stinks?
30. How could you have improved your career progress?